Guest Report

5 apartments in Speyside (listing)
Laura Gurley

Guest Report

Post by Laura Gurley »

A small group of us stayed at Top Ranking in the days prior to Carnival. We had a wonderful time and our hosts were gracious and informative. On the plus side, it was a decent value for the rates, the rooms were clean and bright, well equipped, and the location a nice disatnce away from bars on the main waterfront strip. On the minus side, there are no safes or lock boxes in the rooms, and we had some problems with the plumbing (which they promptly fixed). We took a few tours with the son of the owner and though they gave a competetive rate, I was disappointed with the rainforest tour and the friendliness of our guide. On the other hand, he knew all of the great places to eat and shop, was prompt and flexible and able to meet our schedule, and I loved the little white van we used! Also, though you can sleep 4 to a room, the bathrooms are not fully enclosed (the walls are not floor to ceiling), so be sure you're comfortable with your roomates if you're traveling with friends! Final note: the walk down the hill to town could be challenging for elderly people or those not accustomed to walking steep hills. I'd recommend Top Ranking as long as you know what you're getting for your money.

Return to “Top Ranking Hill View Guest House”