Guest Report

2 apartments in Charlotteville
Barbara Butcher

Guest Report

Post by Barbara Butcher »

My husband and I escaped the dreariness of upstate New York to the White House in unspoiled Charlotteville this February. We were greeted by Sharon, the lovely local woman who carefully tends the house. She welcomed us warmly, having stocked the kitchen with the basics (bread, juice, cheese) to get us started. She even showed me the basics of local cookery by taking me out to the garden to find shadon beni--the local cilantro equivalent. We took advantage of the fully equipped kitchen to prepare fish from the fishermen's co-op along with local vegetables and fruits. The apartment was a perfect getaway with a very pleasant verandah that extended our living space with a view to Man o' War Bay and the forest.

We would highly recommend the White House (locally known as the "Castle"). Steve and Jackie Salfield have created a special, private little paradise here. Sharon and Cat (the handyman and cab driver, should you need a ride) provide great and friendly service.
The local restaurants, fish, shops, "from the beach" snorkeling at Pirate's Bay, with a late afternoon cold beer from Lyda's combine to make this a new favorite in the Caribbean!

Return to “White House”