Guest Report

2 apartments in Charlotteville
Heidi Sowerbutts

Guest Report

Post by Heidi Sowerbutts »

My brother and I used this website extensively when planning our recent trip to Tobago so of course wanted to leave comments for others.

We sadly are back in the UK now but spent 5 nights at the White House a mere couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

We were greeted by the lovely house keeper Sharon who even took us to buy fish so we got a good deal and picked all the bits of forest off our clothes so she could wash them when were out for the day... what a star.

We stayed in the sea view apartment and as the other apartment was empty it was very private and peaceful. The apartment (more studio) had a really lovely feel to it with whitewashed walls and teracotta tile flooring throughout. The lovely big windows opened up to make a cool airy space and provided lovely views through the lush vegetation of the garden to the sea beyond. The balcony to the side was very private and looks over the adjacent rainforest, also with the lockable door to the garden it was totally safe to leave our dive kit outside drying. Many an hour was spent at night watching the fire flies in the massive bamboos. The apartment is basically equiped but to be honest it had everything we needed and we self catered almost every meal... the mossie net is something we were very grateful for too.

Charlottesville itself has a very local feel with a fish co-op at the centre, a small general store and one or 2 other small shops around. We mostly ate in with the fresh local tuna being so lovely and available each day. Beach wise the Charlottesville beach is more of a working beach (lovely at sunset) but the Pirates Bay just along was lovely with great snorkelling on the right hand side and we had the place to ourselves most of the day.

The only downside was that Charlottesville seems to have a far larger population of cockerals than anywhere else on the island.... even as a veggie I did start to dream about the various ways to cook a cockeral when they work me at 3 or 4am!!!

On the whole I would say that a car is a must to get the most out of the north of the island and Charlottesville is lovely for a few days. I would wholey recommend the white house, its a lovely calm, airy and private caribean apartment. Great value for money and excellent people are involved so the booking, payment and arrival were all very easy. All in all great all round.

Return to “White House”