Guest Report

3 cottages on the edge of Plymouth village (listing)
Gene Zeiszler

Guest Report

Post by Gene Zeiszler »

In late November and early December 2007, my wife and I spend 10 wonderful days at Adventure Farm. It was a great place to relax, see the many hummingbirds, ring the bell to call the other birds to the feeders, roam the lush grounds – accompanied by Heidi and Lexi (the owner’s lovable dogs), sample the local restaurants, and enjoy the nearby beach at Arnos Vale. The My Tobago and the Adventure-EcoVillas websites very accurately represent the accommodations. Was it opulent? – no. Was it clean and comfortable. – definitely. Was it a relaxing place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city? – ABSOLUTELY!! We found Ean and Marion Mackay, the owners, to be very hospitable. Petra, Agnes and her husband, Anton, help the Mackay’s maintain Adventure Farm and attend to guests. They are all a pleasure. A special treat for us was the fact that Agnes and Anton were expecting their first child any day when we left to continue our vacation at another property elsewhere on Tobago. A call back to Ean confirmed that Agnes gave birth just three days later and that she and her new son were doing well.

If you are interested in good local food, I would recommend Jadz Homestyle and Peter’s Restaurant. Jadz is on the same street as the local grocery store, which is reasonably well stocked. You will probably need to ask for directions to Peter’s or you may trouble finding it on the back street of Plymouth. The service and food at both places were excellent. The lady’s at Jadz (I don’t recall their name’s) and Peter & Celene at Peter’s were very pleasant. I would suggest you let either place know during the day when you plan to come to dinner in the evening. The beach and snorkeling at Arnos Vale is simply wonderful!!! We were glad we found Adventure Farm and, if you are looking for a place away from the more developed, busier Crown Point and Scarborough areas, you will love Adventure Farm, too.

Many thanks Ean, Marion, Petra, Agnes and Anton. Best wishes Agnes and Anton.

Return to “Adventure Eco Villas”