Guest Report

Single-bedroom cottage at Goodwood (listing)
Timothy

Guest Report

Post by Timothy »

I spent some time perusing this excellent website in search of a private cottage, close to the sea, and at an affordable price. Atlantis Cove turned out to be an excellent choice and exactly what I was looking for.

The cottage is in a great position at the foot of the friendly hosts' garden (which was sadly rather brown due to the prevailing dry weather), and is just above the shoreline where waves break on the rocky foreshore.

The cottage is very well equipped, pleasantly decorated, and was very clean! The layout is ideal for the location and climate, and the natural breezes provided ample ventilation.

The profusion of wildlife visible at times from the verandah included agouti and many species of birds. Chickens also fossicked around, but I did not see the iguanas which reportedly inhabit the garden.

Goodwood is not a common choice for tourist stays, and the beautiful, almost deserted, beaches of Castara, Englishman's Bay and Parlatuvier are on the north coast. However, the good road across the island from Roxborough through the central forest made these bays easily accessible.

The local beach, reached down a rough track through the bush, was also largely deserted and good for a stroll and a paddle, despite some boisterous surf.

Atlantis Cove is definitely recommended!

Return to “Atlantis Cove”