Guest Report

5 cottage/apartments at Castara (listing)
Meredith

Guest Report

Post by Meredith »

If you are a simplistic nature lover who needs only the sunset and wildlife for evening entertainments Blue Mango is for you! My mother and I stayed in Sea Steps; it was exactly like the pictures and how the reviews explained it...you will drift off to sleep with the crashing ocean below and the breeze blowing through the open holistic structure. You wake to shy geckos clinging to your bedroom walls. Birds and lizards are daytime visitors who seemed at home sitting on the dining table watching you eat.

The uniqueness of Blue Mango is that you feel on your own, you walk a few minuets and you are in town to buy food at the little huts/markets to cook on the hotplate provided. There is still fresh bread being made (Sat and Tues) in the traditional brick oven on the beach. At Blue Mango Rebecca's food in the Clay Kitchen is sure to please anyone who loves traditional Caribbean cooking!

I always felt safe, comfortable and welcomed both at Blue Mango and in Castara. If you are looking for a simple, quiet, beautiful, and friendly atmosphere Castara and Blue Mango are for you. If you want a resort experience with daily housekeeping and a concierge to do everything for you, this is not the place.

Return to “Blue Mango Cottages”