Guest Report

2 cottages in Bon Accord
Sal Delello

Guest Report

Post by Sal Delello »

The cottages at Lagoon Lodge appear to be recently renovated with modern fixtures, are clean, well maintained and appeared freshly painted. We stayed in the hotel unit, but also looked at the adjoining loft unit; a door connects the two.

The hotel unit includes a frig and I think a microwave, but we did not cook at all, but found the frig very helpful. There were two unusual things about the unit, neither of which put us off: 1) the lock for the sliding door is a pad lock (probably safer anyway, but we never had any safety concerns at all); 2) no door on the bathroom - around a wall but opened if you walk around. I actually liked this because it made it feel much more spacious than if it had been closed off.

The loft unit is much bigger with a proper living room, dining area and kitchen and full baths on the ground level and in the loft. If you took the entire cottage you could comfortably sleep 6 with privacy for 4.

Each cottage and unit had its own wading pool and was very nice. The bigger pool was being repaired during our visit. The grounds around the building are very nicely maintained.

Walking on the boardwalk through the mangroves was pretty cool, but at dusk, bug spray is a must. I was surprised that at other times it was not really an issue.

This was my 4th trip to Tobago. Previous times I had stayed at Sandy Point Beach Club in Crown Point or the Blue Waters Inn in Speyside. This time however, we had gone on a week sailing and diving trip and the catamaran was anchored in the Bon Accord lagoon. We added a couple of days so that upon our return from sailing we did not need to rush out to the airport. They moved all our bags and dive gear onto the boat when we arrived and from the boat into our unit after the sailing trip.

We were very happy with the accommodations. Franco, the manager, also runs the catamaran as well and he is a delight.

I have no problem recommending Lagoon Lodge or being contacted about our experiences at Lagoon Lodge at [email protected]

Return to “Lagoon Lodge”