Guest Report

2-bedroom cottage at Castara (listing)
Debbie S. Milligan

Guest Report

Post by Debbie S. Milligan »

The house and grounds were beautiful, just as described. Unfortunately, what was not reported was the bar that was next door. They played their music at an extremely loud volume, with enhanced bass, from 7 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.
In addition, there was no mention of having to park your car on the road and walking up a steep hillside. From the photos, it appeared that there was a road going up to the cabins.
As someone coming to the islands to relax, watch birds and enjoy the atmosphere, I was very disappointed in not being able to do so here.
We only stayed one night and left, because we were unable to sleep at all.

[EDITOR: click here to see an important editorial response to this report ]
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Guest Report

Post by Steve Wooler »

It was unfortunate that Debbie Milligan had a less than satisfactory stay at Little House.

I feel it only fair to the Little House to correct a couple of points, in Debbie’s report. Firstly, there is no bar, restaurant or other business in the immediate area. The music suffered by this visitor was actually from a private house on the other side of the road. This is the first time I have heard a report of excess noise at that end of Castara village. Late night loud music is a fact of life in most West Indian villages. The Little House is located well away from the busier parts of the village and I would consider it by far the quietest area. Therefore, the fact that Debbie’s visit coincided with a neighbour’s birthday, or other family celebration, is such bad luck.

I have checked and am satisfied that neither our listing or the Little House website give misleading information regarding access to the house. The photos show a small concrete path leading up to the cottage. Our review states “Access to the Little House is via a relatively steep but well-lit concrete path and steps.” Sure, no specific mention of parking on the road is given, but that is normal in most villages – and not just in Tobago. The road that Debbie refers to can only be the actual road you park on. The fact that it is the main north coast road does not alter the fact that passing traffic is possibly less than a vehicle every couple of minutes.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Little House On The Hill”