Guest Report

2-bedroom cottage at Castara (listing)
Cindy Willis

Guest Report

Post by Cindy Willis »

I stayed at the smaller Little House on the Hill for 4 days in Aug. Perfect for one person (or a great intimate getaway for a couple), this is the place to come if you want to get away from the commercial touristy vibe that comes with staying at a hotel. Tucked on a hillside amongst beautiful fruit trees and birdlife, this traditional wooden house and surrounds offers one a touch of the magic of local island life.
Marguerite is a treasure, she made me feel instantly at home and looked after, even though I was staying there alone. The larger Little House on the Hill was unoccupied when I was there but due to how the two houses are placed I did not feel that it would have been too much of an intrusion if it were occupied.
The layout of the smaller Little House on the Hill is ingenious, with the ensuite bedroom through one entrance and the kitchen through another entrance, both leading off the patio, which serves as an outside lounge complete with sofa chair!
Mosquitos are not an issue as the bed has nets, and there is a standing fan; the traditional roof lets the breeze flow through the house for cooling, and with the usual addition of coils you should have no problems.
Beautiful Castara is a very short drive away (would not recommend walking unless you are quite energetic, lots of hills).
I would definately stay here again, as I said the smaller Little House is perfect if you are a solo traveller, this was definately the highlight of my trip. Looking forward to the next time!

Return to “Little House On The Hill”