Guest Report

10 cottages at Charlotteville (listing)
Shahira

Guest Report

Post by Shahira »

I must say, my stay at man o war was amazing. It was exactly what my friends and i were looking for, a quiet, natural place within walking distance to everything we needed.

I expected a long tiring drive, but it was actually quite enjoyable - the scenery on the way is divine. The setup on the property is perfect, with cottages in close enough proximity so we felt safe, yet with enough distance so we had our privacy. The beach is just mere yards away from our porch so that was great. The cottage was equipped with everything we could have possibly needed, including a mosquito net and kitchen utensils, and the beds were very comfortable.
The village, with shops and groceries, was just a short distance away and accessible by simply walking along the beach itself. On the beach there are a few restaurants, but unfortunately we did not get try them in the brief time we spent. But Suckhole had a nice atmosphere and the food smelled delicious.

My only complaint would be that the water pressure in the shower was very low, i couldn't bathe inside comfortably so i used the outside shower and stand pipe to shower everyday. But even that was enjoyable. Also, the nearest restaurants did not open for breakfast, which was a little disappointing.
But generally, we loved the serenity at man o war. We wanted to get away from our busy lives and we loved having just the necessities to make a comfortable stay, without the unnecessary technology like television and ac. It was near perfect for us and we will definitely return.

Return to “Man-O-War Bay Cottages”