Guest Report

2 apartments in Castara (listing)
Mark Monkman

Guest Report

Post by Mark Monkman »

Me and my partner stayed in the studio apartment Leapfrog late January-early February 2015. We had been in Charlotteville the week before, and Steve was really helpful, asking if we needed a transfer organising. Even during the initial enquiry stage Steve was super responsive to all emails, and this made life a lot easier. Our taxi back to the airport didn't show up, so Steve very generously gave us a lift, another example of how helpful they were.

Steve and Rita (the owners) are real characters, in a really good way! They couldn't do enough to help us and ensure we had a enjoyable stay. On the first night they we doing a coppa (or maybe a koppa?!), a massive old casserole/couldron that Steve has had restored. Lookup, who manages the property for Steve and Rita was cooking a traditional fish soup/stew, using lots of fish he'd just caught, and loads of interesting local vegetables and spices. It was super tasty, and went excellently with the local rum and beers!

The grounds the property are set in are gorgeous. Lots of tropical plants I don't know the name of! We had dreamy breakfasts sat on our terrace watching hummingbirds fly by, and taking in the sounds of the valley, everything from dogs barking, reggae booming, birds singing, and at times silence.

The Leapfrog apartment we stayed in was great for us, a perfectly
practical kitchen that was great for cooking in, and generally nice and clean. The terrace was great for breakfast and general lounging. If you're looking for luxury accommodation, this isn't for you. In fact you'd probably be better off staying in Crown Point. But if you want to get in touch with the real Tobago and really disconnect, it's a fantastic choice.

We went on a fishing trip with Lookup that was great fun, he really looked after us and is a great guy!

Cheers Steve and Rita for making our hols, can't wait to get back!

Return to “Castara Villas”