Guest Report

2 apartments in Castara (listing)
Spike and Rodney

Guest Report

Post by Spike and Rodney »

This little spot in paradise is quite wonderful, and with a few more tweaks, will be almost perfect. The location is great. Off the road, in separate units so not too loud, you have your own flat with a kitchenette, a simple, though uncomfortable bed, and a simple bathroom with shower. There weren't any visitors staying above us; i think with the simple wood floors, it would be too loud hearing them walk back and forth above our heads.

You can't beat the price, but with it, you don't get hot water (not needed in the tropics, but it'd be nice to wash the dishes in warm/hot water, and for shampooing) and it's quite basic. But for us, fit the ticket. I'd suggest that instead of (or in addition to) mosquito netting around the bed, putting up window screens and a screen door would greatly improve our evening enjoyment. Instead, we had to close the glass windows at night and put on the fans, to keep out the bugs. It'd be far nicer to be able to keep the windows open during dinner and while sleeping.

Additionally, although all the towels and sheets were clean, they, and the bedding all smelled musty from the humidity. I appreciate the owners' attempt not to kill the environment by using bleach, but I think getting a dryer and putting up a clothesline would help, plus taking out the mattresses and pillows and putting them in the sun between visitors to freshen them up.

I must say that I told the owners my suggestions, and they were most responsive. They don't live on the property, so weren't aware of our concerns. But, they were flying in within the week that we left, and I'm pretty sure that they will take care of all our issues. I was most impressed with their response and efforts to make sure we were satisfied. Even as is, it was nice enough, and I look forward to coming back next year.
Spike and Rodney

Guest Report

Post by Spike and Rodney »

Update:

Although the owners first said (in response to my comments):

from stephen meeus
StephenMeeus
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Guest Report

Post by StephenMeeus »

Spike conveniently has not included her e-mail to me that resulted in the response I finally gave to her. She was an intolerable person who made unreasonable demands on our local staff, driving Horace`s wife Susan to tears with her antagonistic attitude. After I told her about Horace`s & Susan`s version of the events that occurred during her stay with us, she replied with a 2-page litany of hate to which I replied as seen above. I never want to hear from that despicable person again.
Steve.

Return to “Castara Villas”