Guest Report

2 apartments in Castara (listing)
Gigi Gatewood

Guest Report

Post by Gigi Gatewood »

Had a last minute stay in Castara and was scrambling to find a place. Steve responded to my inquiry right away and I booked Toad Heights for 2 nights. Myself and four friends had an amazing time. We found the house to be clean, kitchen pretty well stocked, bathroom clean, safes available, and space perfect for our needs. The high ceilings and open kitchen were a plus. We didn't have dish soap, but got some minutes after asking. The only complaint I have is that the beds are really soft. It may be great for some, but I am the type who needs a firm mattress for my back. I read in some other reviews about not having hot water. This didn't bother anyone especially because the water was luke warm-not freezing. The most notable thing about our stay at Toad Heights was the friendship we formed with Look Up, Nigel, and Carley. We had a really wonderful day with them. They took us out in their boat, went fishing, snorkeling, cooked fish and breadfruit on a secluded beach, bird watched, and had an all around fun time (and all at an extremely reasonable rate). They even cooked a fish broth and curry fish dish for us later that night. We also arrived in Castara just in time for the harvest. Again Look Up and friends made sure that we were entertained. All people in the village invited us into their homes and showered us with food and drink. I am very pleased with our stay at Toad Heights and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place with character, space, simplicity, and friendliness.

Return to “Castara Villas”