Villa Azulejo

6-bedroom villa on Grafton Ridge (listing)
Rhian Jones

Villa Azulejo

Post by Rhian Jones »

We have just returned from a visit to Tobago. We were fortunate to spend some of our holiday in a super villa called Azulejo. It is located at Grafton Ridge Estate and has good views out to sea with Mount Irvine beach only a short cistance away.
This villa is perfectly situated allowing complete privacy whilst being near to so many amenities.
It offers all the comforts to make a successful holiday. It has six bedrooms which are all ensuite and which have wonderful views towards Plymouth and Mount Irvine.
There is a fully fitted kitchen and utility room, spacious entrance hall complete with koi pond, large dining area, sitting room, study and bar. On this level is a large circular sundeck that has a generous amount of sunbeds. To the side of this are the delightful pools, one of which has a slide. Downstairs houses the large television room and planned gym.
The design is so clever that it allows you to feel that there are no walls because the doors at ground level all fold back and add to the spacious feeling.
I almost feel like an agent, but I feel that I have to share our good fortune in finding this villa. It is little wonder that it has been frequented by celebrities.
Coupled with the delightful building is the equally delightful caretaker, George. Whilst being discreet, he is very sociable and is a great bonus. He will willingly assist to ensure your holiday is a success and became a firm favourite with my sixteen year old son. As a former surf teacher and with so many contacts, he helped us to realize our wishes while in Tobago.
The other member of staff at Azulejo, Cynthia, the housekeeper, was also eager to ensure success. She willingly shared her local culinary knowledge with us. Together, they epitomised the warmth of Tobagonians while we relaxed in the beautiful surroundings of Azulejo.
Thankfully, we searched out Island Investments, who highlighted this villa.
Again, the Staff were most accommodating, eager to please, very professional and followed up their recommendation to ensure that we were happy. I would recommend this agency, which is called Tobago Villa Agency on Shirvan Road in 'The Rough Guide To Tobago'.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Azulejo and would return to Tobago if I could stay there.

Return to “Azulejo”