Bloody Bay and Coasting Villa

3-bedroom villa at Bloody Bay (listing)
Holly

Bloody Bay and Coasting Villa

Post by Holly »

Hi,

We are thinking of staying at Bloody Bay's Coasting Villa in December. The place looks absolutely lovely. Other than the current posts provided and information currently out on the internet, does anyone have any other input about the beach there and/or the Coasting villa? How are the bay and beach views from the house? Can you hear the waves from the home? How's the beach for lounging and swimming? If anyone has pictures from the house and willing to share, we'd love to see them. Any positive and negative input is very appreciated. Thank you!
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: Bloody Bay and Coasting Villa

Post by Phil Bondie »

Hi Holly, Coasting Villa is very nice. Great views. The house is beautifully designed with a great kitchen and decks. The house is kept in excellent condition, as are the grounds. They also have a small swimming pool, that has a view of the bay and/or ocean. Have not stayed there but have visited the owners and off hand I am pretty sure you can hear the surf, I just never paid any attention to it. Again never have swam at Bloody Bay but it is a nice beach, have walked along it. Work is being done on improvements for the beach so the road going down to the beach is under construction. The location is good in that it is easy to get to Englishmans Bay, Parlatuvier and Castara one way and Charlotteville and Speyside the other way. I don't think a car is included, if not you should probably rent one. Phil
Holly

Post by Holly »

Phil, thank you so much for all your wonderful information. I have spoken with Fred a couple times now and he is such a nice person. Your input is very helpful and much appreciated. Thank you!
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Holly, you will definitely need a car if you're staying there.
David
Holly

Post by Holly »

Thank you, David. We will definitely rent a car. It sounds like it is quite remote, which is perfect.
BillShearer
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by BillShearer »

Hi Holly,

We have stayed at Coasting before and will be returning there next week. It is a fantastic place for a secluded holiday. There is a main house and a beach house. We stayed in the beach house last time but will be in the main house this year. Fred & Cindy prefer the beach house so you would probably be staying in the main house. The main house is well above the sea, so I'm not sure if you could hear the ocean from the bedrooms. The beach house is on a path below the main house and has great views of Bloody Bay but last year there was no path from there to the beach so you would have to take the road down there. It is a beautiful and very little used spot for relaxing & swimming. The grounds are filled with exotic plants(they even have been growing coffee & pineapple plants) and leftovers from colonial times, including a terrific cannon half buried in the dirt. We joined Fred & Cindy a couple of times for cocktails and can tell you that the main house is large and quite nice with a fantastic kitchen & living area. There is a deck facing the ocean with a small sitting pool attached. The owners & their staff are a pleasure to know and we can't wait to get there and re-connect.They also have a couple of friendly dogs to help keep you company. The only downside is the lack of restaurants in the immediate area. If you like to eat out then you will probably be driving to Castara, etc. If you plan on self-catering then you should stop at a supermarket in the Canaan, Carnbee or Scarborough before you head up to Bloody Bay in order to get a good selection of groceries, although there is an adequate grocery store near the beach in Castara. I wish I could give you some photos but I can't figure out how to attach them. Anyway, you can't go wrong staying at Coasting. Bill

Return to “Coasting Villa”