Guest Report

4-bedroom villa at Mot Mot Ridge
Gill Martin

Guest Report

Post by Gill Martin »

My husband and I spent two months at Cravenji during January 2007 to March 2007 and the Overview and Detailed Description already posted on the site are very accurate. In addition, the lower pool deck also has another shower and WC plus a utility room housing laundry facilities and a drying area.

All the spacious rooms are light and airy and fully equipped to a very nice standard and there is plenty of storeage room for luggage etc.

The private gated villa has full security on all windows and doors which also extends to the full length of the covered middle terrace at ground level. On this very large terrace are comfortable chairs, sofas and side tables at one end and a large dining table seating 10 at the other end. This terrace is the most perfect place to sit and watch the many birds that visit and has spectacular views over the Caribbean although it is set back on a ridge from the actual coastline. There are also efficient ceiling fans on this terrace along with the cooling breezes and NO MOSQUITOS during our stay. The sunsets are pretty amazing too. Having said this I hope that the views have not been obscured by new buildings since 2007!!

A split staircase leads down to the comfortably appointed walled and secluded pool area (the pool being regularly maintained) and terrace which can get pretty hot. The third uncovered top floor terrace affords even more spectacular views.

The six days a week maid/housekeeping service was excellent
and provided by a bubbly and cheerful local lady for which nothing was ever too much trouble and she was a great source of local information.

There is a telephone permitting free local calls but, at the time of our stay, no Internet facilities were available. Two local telephone numbers were given to us in case of any problems but there were absolutely non.

All en-suite bedrooms have air conditioning plus ceiling fans but the lounge and kitchen/dining room just have ceiling fans which wasn't a problem for us. Plenty of hot water was available at all times and the pressure to the showers was efficient. Lots of books to read in all rooms and a good supply of power points.

In all a peaceful and delightful place to stay and very conveniently situated for exploring the island and grocery shopping. There are a few small local restaurants within walking distance as is the coast but I would personally recommend a car (plenty of secure parking) unless you are pretty fit and like walking in the heat! Golfers are not forgotten either with a course nearby.

The good sized rear garden has typical Tobagan fruit trees and plants but is quite steep whilst to the front of the property is a fairly long, shady driveway (most welcome!)with plants hanging down the bank and an outside tap should you feel energetic enough to clean the car!

Enjoy!

Gill M and David P January to March 2007

Return to “Cravenji”