Guest Report

1 and 3-bedroom apartments at Pleasant Prospect (listing)
Suzanne Pereira

Guest Report

Post by Suzanne Pereira »

As an expat living in the USA, the last thing I wanted was a Disney type vacation. I think choosing to visit Pleasant Prospect in Tobago was a very good choice. It is a relaxed unhurried mini village, close to several very good beaches and an excellent nature reserve.We wanted peaceful down time for unwinding and this is certainly the place to get it. Swimming,surfing,long walks on the beach or in the nature reserve, birdwatching, reading and lots of naps. A perfect place to wind down and renew. I had the peace and privacy available to do some writing,some watercolors and take lots of absolutely beautiful photographs. The residents are open and friendly without being intrusive and although it makes good sense to be careful wherever you go, at no time did we feel uneasy or threatened. My husband and I stayed in a cosy cottage with lots of character. Sweet Nest is great for one couple. It is warm and inviting. The verandah is perfect for early morning coffee while taking in the view of banana trees and flowers, birds and butterflies.
Very clean and all the amenities are provided, including a well stocked kitchen for those who care to cook. Perhaps the most important item provided free of charge was a cell phone. U.S cell phones for some reason do not work there but one was provided by the owners. This cottage is close to the beach and the nature reserve. It is also close to a couple of good restaurants, a food shop, an ATM machine. A good place to stay as you have the best of both worlds. You can head to Scarborough and Crown Point for the a city experience,spas, shopping etc or go in the opposite direction and explore more laid back villages. A rented car will get you anywhere on the island. We could have stayed in a hotel chain type accomodation,with all its prepackaged plastic confort but Sweet Nest is so much better. Gillian and Paul were extremely helpful with information, transportation to and from the airport etc. If you want a personalized hands on vacation experience check these guys out. You will want to visit again.

Return to “Hibiscus Heights”