MONTGOMERY HOUSE, TOBAGO

3-bedroom villa at Arnos Vale
Sandra Martin

MONTGOMERY HOUSE, TOBAGO

Post by Sandra Martin »

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have just discovered this site and I am over the moon with excitement. My husband and I are going to stay in Montgomery House 24th August for two weeks and the articles I have read about the place have really inspired me. We can't wait. Has anyone any idea what the weather will be like - I do hope it will still be hot. Everyone who has written sound so warm and friendly. Again thank you.
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Hello Sandra,
don't worry about the heat. It is always warm over here, expect temperatures between 29-33C during the day. We have a lot of sunshine with a few short refreshing showers at the moment. As a matter of fact August is one of my favourite months in Tobago, everything is green and a lot of fruits are in season ( Mango and Avocado galore)
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Sandra Martin

Post by Sandra Martin »

Hi Patrick, Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I'm like a kid with a new toy........... I've never been on forums, etc. and to have found this wonderful site is magic. I'm probably doing things wrong but we all have to learn don't we! I don't suppose you could recommend any eating places to us. We like absolutely anything and want to try as much tradional food, etc. as possible. Read your comments about the mangoes and avacados .................. mmmmmmm.[/b]
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sandra

Welcome aboard!!! :lol:

No, you're not doing anything wrong, although you will find the best way to get responses from the widest range of people is to post questions in forums most suited to the subject. For example your first post was more about weather than Montgomery House, so would have been better posted in the Weather forum (especially as a copy of the post would have then been automatically emailed to our weather guru, Paul Tallet, if you had posted in that forum). Similarly, questions about eating out are best posted in the "Food & Drink" forum.

Full details of all restaurants on Tobago are available through the Food & Drink/Restaurants menu at the top of the page. You'll find a page with all our personal recommendations, which are as good a place to start as any. Check out the Food & Drink forum for general discussion and reader reports and comment.

Have fun. I'm sure you'll love Montgomery House - I had a look around about 3 or 4 years ago and its exactly our sort of place.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Sandra Martin

Post by Sandra Martin »

Steve, you are a star! Not only am I so enjoying all this. everyone is replying quickly. I keep calling my husband to the computer to read things. I'll take on board your comments about how to use the forum. How long have you lived out there? I'm very nosy! You're so knowledgeable and I can't begin to tell you what a difference finding this site has made. Knowing that you're communicating with someone who actually knows the place is such a bonus. Due to ill health I haven't been away for three years and this holiday is going to be one big celebration. We are celebrating a very important wedding anniversary and couldn't think of anywhere better than Tobago. Hope it lives up to our expectations! Again, many thanks you have made a very dreary Saturday into something very positive.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sandra

I don't live out there. To be perfectly honest, Tobago is a great place to spend the winter months on but there's no way I would want to live there. I'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of my first visit to Tobago in 2008, so I've seen a few changes.
Steve Wooler
Sandra Martin

Post by Sandra Martin »

Wow Steve, I'm impressed! Just received your message as I was reading about crab and dumplings and the local rum!
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Sandra,Steve is the "Old Man",and what he doesn't know about Paradise you could put on a postage stamp!!!You will have a wonderful time--the people are truly welcoming,the Island is magic.Enjoy(I'll bet you will want to return)
David(getting closer) :D
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

David, I'll have you know that I am a qualified "Grumpy Old Man" and don't think that flattery will get you off "Newbie from Bude" status. Readers have a right to be warned.
Steve Wooler
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

:oops: Sorry boss :cry:

Return to “Mot Mot”