Kudos to New Timbers

3-bedroom villa at Bon Accord (listing)
Natasha I.

Kudos to New Timbers

Post by Natasha I. »

As a tradition my husband and I always spend at least a weekend in Tobago after Carnival -we've stayed just about everywhere in Tobago from budget guesthouses to the Hilton. This year we brought several non Trinidadian first-timers with us and I was a bit nervous as some of them are the type that only do all inclusive resorts and are simply not easy to please. After some difficult situation while they stayed at my family home in Trinidad during Carnival I had my fingers crossed as to how things would go in Tobago.

Well it turned out I had nothing to worry about as the stay at New Timbers provided everything to make everyone happy. The house is brand new, modern, spacious and provides all ammenities. The decor is extremely pleasing giving the impression of upscale yet cozy. The staff is absolutely FABULOUS!

We took the boat over from Trinidad and were greeted at the dock by the local agent for the property and her husband. It was somewhat late in the evening when we arrived so they told us that there was a basic welcome grocery package at the house but as we were hungry they drove us around in search of a good take out eatery that was still open...this involved a lot of driving around and they did it with a smile.

Once at the house they showed us around, presented us w/ a large manilla evelope containing info on the house, the alarm system, contact numbers for them and every service you could think of as well as some great guides to eatiers, tours etc on the island. They personally showed us how to operate the gate and the alarm system and then were on their way.

We woke the next morning to the extremely friendly housekeeper who asked as what time would be best for her to come during our stay. She also informed us that she would be happy to grocery shop and cook for us (that fee is arranged directly with her). She changed towels and sheets and replenished toilet paper, papertowel etc and loaded/unloaded the diswasher every morning during our stay except for the Sunday.

Someone came each day to clean the pool, check the pump and water the gorgeous foliage in the yard. We were taken care of in every aspect and yet we were left alone in complete privacy. Having a locked driveway to keep our rental was great as well.

There was absolutely nothing in this house that didn't work well, looked old or unattractive or anything of the sort. We invited some friends over and had a pool party/BBQ (Electic BBQ is out by the pool deck)one evening.

The house sleeps 6-7 people and is walking distance to both Pigeon Point and Store Bay.

Return to “New Timbers”