Guest Report

3-bedroom villa at Riseland
Linda B.

Guest Report

Post by Linda B. »

Hi Eva
We've just returned on Friday. From the moment we got there we felt right at home - in fact it was actually much nicer than home! It was wonderful to stay in a holiday home that was so tastefully decorated, pale cottons, natural furnishings, and all the necessary mod-cons. It’s private, tranquil and a perfect place to unwind. We’d breakfast every morning on the patio accompanied by bird song. The pool was gorgeous, views of the exotic, verdant forest all around. Basking on the sun-loungers we’d watch the humming birds and all manner of brightly coloured bird flit around the many fruit trees and flowering bushes in the garden - Palmhaven was paradise.

We hired a jeep which was inexpensive and fairly essential and explored most of the Island’s beaches, it was also handy for popping out to buy chicken roti from the hut at the bottom of the road. There is also a supermarket and pharmacy 5 minutes drive away. Anyway if ever a small fortune befalls me I’m buying the place! Hope that helps your decision.

Linda
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Steve Pitts »

Hi Linda

What a coincidence - We were considering Palmhaven for our next visit to Tobago, so your post was very timely.

Our last two villas have been somewhat less than perfect due to nearby construction work.

Lazing by the pool was accompanied by the constant drone of cement mixers (rather than humming birds), interspersed with hammering (rather than woodpeckers), circular sawing (instead of the sound of cicadas) and heavy lorries and vans driving past between 7.00am and 5.00pm.

I was wondering - Is Palmhaven situated in an area which is likely to be under development within the next few months? (thinking of late April / early May).

It does look (from the photos) to be in a very rural area and whilst I appreciate that you can't guarantee it, your very recent visit would be helpful in determining the possibilities of any iminent building works.

Many thanks
Steve
Take only photos - leave only footprints. I like that concept.
Linda B.

Post by Linda B. »

Hi Steve

Palmhaven is in a residential area with fully built houses next door and across the road, it is also up a driveway set back off from the road and surrounded by gardens at the front and forest out the back. I didn't see any sign of construction works. Though I wouldn't under-estimate the bird 'song' , they really like to sing their hearts out at 6am.

Tobago struck me as being quite un-developed and not at all like some European holiday towns where there is a complex being built on every block.

On the palmhaven website there is an email for Kay the person who owns the villa you could try emailing her, she was really lovely and I'm sure she would tell you if anything major was afoot.

Best,

Linda
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Steve Pitts »

Thanks for the info Linda

I think that we'll take a chance on Palm haven.
Based on your report and comments, It seems like just the place for us.

We were thinking of trying Crescent Villa again this year, but the building work had only just started down the road and is unlikely to be finished by the time we visit.

Thanks again

Steve
Take only photos - leave only footprints. I like that concept.
Eva

Re: Palmhaven review

Post by Eva »

Dear Linda,

Many thanks for your review. It is real relief to know that it is a great place as we have just booked it. I hope that we will enjoy ourselves as much as you did.
Many thanks and best regards,
Eva

Return to “Palmhaven”