Guest Report

3-bedroom villa at Riseland
Joe Walker

Guest Report

Post by Joe Walker »

It's rare to find a house that truly exceeds your expectations, but Palmhaven is one of those. Beautifully furnished french colonial style, it's bright, blessed with cooling breezes, fantastic views, lovely garden frequented by all manner of colourful birds and wildlife and is in an excellent quiet location, ideally placed for convenience and choice and places to visit. One of it's biggest assets is the incredibly helpful and accommodating house-keeper Joyce and her husband Wayne; they are wonderful people and made us feel incredibly welcome without ever being intrusive. Joyce even gave my wife a lesson in Caribbean cooking resulting in a plendid meal on the broad veranda. She also baked amazing birthday cakes for my wife and daughter who had birthdays during our stay, entirely unrequested, with a big floral display from the garden too. A lovely gesture!

For those not used to it though, I would be prepared for the dawn chorus! In the insulated houses we live in, we rarely hear what goes on outside in this country, but with the forested hillside adjacent to the house in Tobago, the Chachalacas (Tobago's national bird for those who haven't been) will certainly get you up for the first day or two!! However, you will quickly get used to that and appreciate the various birdsong, so much so that it seems strangely quiet now we're back!

I would throughly recommend this villa....top marks to Kate the owner, and Joyce and Wayne. We will undoubtedly return!

Return to “Palmhaven”