Guest Report

3-bedroom villa at Riseland
Jean-Francois

Guest Report

Post by Jean-Francois »

We (a family of 5) stayed at Palmhaven one week (2008 Xmas) and we have been very happy with the house.
It was just as expected, very nice (nice lay out and decoration, well equiped, clean) on a lot near the top of the hill (land/garden is smaller than on the website, but that's not at all a problem). Nice pool with a view on the next hill; beaches are a 10/15mn drive.
We would definitely recommend this house.(note: I rated only 3, as the villa is as I expected i.e. very good)
Kay the owner has also been very kind during our various email communications.
A few things you should be aware about the house and Tobago in general.
The house is in a safe area (nothing fancy however i.e. not a private condo), but we found that having a night guard was a plus especially the first few days to get used to the various tropcical noises at night. You will read a lot about safety in T & T, and as such we also did not know exactly what to expect; at the end we never found us in an unsafe situation, and people were friendly... Just the normal precaution like anywhere in the world.
Make it very clear on your first day there, what you are expecting from the maid; we found her somewhat unwilling to work as expected.
You definitely need to rent a car; we used Sheppy and it worked very well.
You should also know that tourism is not yet developped in Tobago which on one side is great as it is still very natural/wild.., but on the other hand do not expect a lot of fancy/trendy place to eat, have a drink, or beach bars...
Beaches are very natural especially in the northern area' don't expect however a lot of white sand and turquoise water beach.
Also we were there around Xmas and the weather has not been so nice i.e. clouds and rain every day, but of course temperature is always warm (25+C).
We also stayed a night in Trinidad before and after our stay in Tobago because of the connection schedules.
AirCarribean provides a good 20mn connection from T. to T, with easy online booking.
The Holiday Inn express near the airport is convenient as it is only 5mn from the airport and there is a free shuttle; rooms are large and clean. Hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so if you have sometime you'd better go to Port of Spain where The Hyatt is great.
Enjoy !

Return to “Palmhaven”