parrot estate villa,Englishman's Bay

2-bedroom villa at Englishman's Bay (listing)
Simon Osborne

parrot estate villa,Englishman's Bay

Post by Simon Osborne »

I am planning to book two weeks at this villa for my family;it looks and sounds just the sort of place we are looking for. Has any member of this site stayed there/ knows of it? If so please post your comments.
Many thanks
Simon :D
Steve Fifield

Post by Steve Fifield »

:?: Why so keen on Englishman's Bay? If you have been to Tobago before and have particular reasons to stay here, fair enough, but personally, I wouldn't choose it for a first visit. It is a remote location with no nearby restaurants or shops, and the beach though quite beautiful (and sometimes practially deserted in the winter) is extremely deep shelving, often with a serious undertow in Dec/Jan, certainly not suitable for any but the strongest of swimmers. I've seen 15ft waves crashing on the beach making it far too dangerous to swim. You could be lucky, and it might be perfectly calm, but even then the snorkelling (when it is calm) is also a very long way from the shore, and not the best in Tobago by any means.
Personally, Castara and Arnos Vale are far more attractive overall, and you will be within easy reach of Englishman's Bay, as well as the other beaches to the west if you have a car.

Return to “Parrot Estate Villa”