Villa at Englishman's Bay

Villa at Englishman's Bay (listing)
AThomas

Post by AThomas »

We are planning to visit Tobago at Xmas (2 children, 2 adults) and are planning to stay at a villa near Englsihman's Bay, called Tanager Ridge (it was until recently known as Prescription SUnshine). Has anyone ever stayed here or near Englishman's Bay? Will it be too remote for a young family?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi athomas

This is a new one on me. It's not listed on our site and we work very hard to find and list every property, so I imagine that it’s only been available as a rental for a relatively short period of time. Mind you, the change of name is interesting.

Englishmans Bay is one of the loveliest locations on the island, but it is remote. You won’t be popping out for a meal, so as long as you intend to be fully self-catering and don’t mind a fair trek to the nearest supermarkets, I’m sure you’ll love it. As regards whether it is suitable for children, it entirely depends upon the type of kids they are. There’s no facilities or formal entertainment of any kind, but if they’re into nature, then they’ll have the most wonderful time imaginable.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
AThomas

Post by AThomas »

Steve
Thanks for the quick reply.
Tanager Ridge is amanged by SeadJade Investments. They have several Villas on their website. The Villa (when it was known as Prescription Sunshine) used to be owned by a Canadian couple who sold it early this Spring to someone in the US, hence the change in name.

How far is itfrom Englishman's Bay to Castara? is that the nearest village? is Englishman's bay as bueatiful as it looks in the photos? is it too isolated to be completely safe?
A Thomas
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

That explains it - we won't list properties that are for sale (I'm not saying that the agents are disreputable, but there's more than a few people who are told at the last minute that they have been 'moved' to another villa because the one they booked has been sold by the owner).

Englishmans Bay is about 5 miles from Castara, I guess - probably only a 15 minute drive outside rush hour :lol: but many might find the narrow, twisty road somewhat intimidating in the dark and not one to attempt after a beer over dinner in Castara.

I don't wish to tempt providence, but the thought of "security" issues in an area like that did bring a grin to my face. I don't think I'm overstating it when I say that most local people probably don't even have a lock on the door of their house.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Tanager Ridge Villa”