Guest Report

6-bedroom villa at Bacolet (listing)
Tanya Williams

Guest Report

Post by Tanya Williams »

I meant to say something here last year after visiting SeaBreeze again. I have now been every year since it opened in 2004 (3 times)! It is a breathtaking spot and unbelievably good value compared to other places on the island (and the rest of the Caribbean come to that!). Admittedly the first year there were a few teething problems – the Jacuzzi heater kept tripping the fuses – we ran out of water – the ac unit in my bedroom was faulty – but we still fell in love with the place! Last year was pretty smooth and this year not a hiccup – everything is new from the pool loungers and pool equipment to both the fridges, not to mention the TV, DVD and CD player and so on.

The villa itself is wonderfully spacious and comfortable and has stunning views out over the sea. There are so many palces to sit outside in the shade or in the sun and there is usually a steady breeze. There are steps down to the sea where you canbathe or snorkel off the rocks or scramble round to a small ‘private’ beach accessible only to the amazing Villa Ohana (but 4 times the price!!!) and the neighbours.

By car you are 5 mins from Scarborough and the fish market and shops and clubs, 1 min from Bacolet beach and the No Problem Beach Restaurant and Bar, 20 mins from the airport, 15 mins from the other side of the island and two golf courses (if you like that kind of thing!). You are also in a much sought after part of the island away from the main tourist areas where all the building is going on. Bacolet beach is brilliant because it is next to the Blue Haven 5* hotel so is kept very clean and tidy and has lots of shade too.

What more can I say? Oh yes the staff are very friendly and helpful and the villa is in a large garden where you can help yourself to the fruit in season (if the gardener does not pick it for you!). There are avocado, lime, grapefruit, banana, mango, breadfruit and coconut trees so you won’t starve either! I have been now with groups of friends and this year with my family and they all loved it so I thought I ought to share this little gem with you - just don't all go when I want to! I cannot recommend this place strongly enough.

Return to “SeaBreeze”