So it is Old?

6-bedroom villa at Bacolet (listing)
Wanda F

So it is Old?

Post by Wanda F »

In reading the review on Seabreeze it has been mentioned that it is an older house. How bad is it? We are a little concerned because we want to stay somewhere nice and with a good view but we don't want to get there and find out it is tattered or rusty, if you know what I mean. I'm searching for 3 couples and feel responsible for how the house will turn out. I'm also concerned about the noise of the ac units. I just love the view from this house but maybe I should look for something newer. If you have been there please help me with this. Also thanks Steve that did help.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: So it is Old?

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Wanda

If you want an antiseptic new-build concrete and glass house, then it's not for you. But have a look at our review and click on the photos to enlarge them. They were all taken last year and are a factual and accurate representation of the house. Tattered or rusty? No way!!!!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Wanda F

Post by Wanda F »

Steve,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will check it out again. I'm sure I'll be back on here a lot between now and December when we will be in Tobago. By the way, I absolutely love your web site. We have never been to Tobago and it has been so great to read about it on your site.

Wanda
Wanda F

Post by Wanda F »

I wanted to post this just in case someone has misunderstood my original post.

I have never stayed at SeaBreeze but because it is an older villa I was trying to ease any questions as to whether the house was like "old". I have been assured that the house is not tattered or rusty. I was a little overly concerned because of a bad experience I had on St John USVI last year. I have actually had a number of conversations with Henry with SeaBreeze and you could not find a nicer person to deal with in checking on a villa. SeaBreeze appears to be a beautiful villa with great views and now I know, it also has Henry, someone that is willing to take care of you whatever it takes. =D>

Wanda
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Wanda

No problem - you did right to check. To be honest, I know several a number of older villas listed here on this site that frankly would shame me if I showed my age in the same way. :)

SeaBreeze is a 'real' house and has the homely feel of a house that is lived in, as opposed to one of the many cold and antiseptic vacation rental properties where the local agent expects you to sign the inventory for every knife and fork. Our review represents a true and honest appraisal. You will not be dissapointed, believe me!

As I regularly say to Jill - the older the grape, the sweeter the wine. :lol:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “SeaBreeze”