Guest Report

6-bedroom villa at Bacolet (listing)
Greg Karman

Guest Report

Post by Greg Karman »

Let me begin by saying that my family and I agree that this holiday was the best we have ever experienced. We have rented many vacation homes in recent years and SeaBreeze will always hold a special place in our hearts. The location is fantastic, with its proximity to Scarborough, and the fact that it benefits from a very welcome nearly constant breeze.
I had some concerns as I made the reservation for our stay but these proved unfounded. First and foremost was what to expect in terms of weather during our June stay; while the weather was warm and humid, as one would expect in this location, the breeze made the home feel much cooler than the Caribbean side and we were never uncomfortable. The orientation of the home is such that the sun shines in the pool area all day and I was afraid that the pool would not be able to be utilized because of the heat; while it was very warm for some of our group, no one declined using the pool because of the temperature. I was also concerned that traveling during the rainy season would prove an issue; however, the weather was great and the rain was very accommodating in that it seemed to occur mostly at night.
The home presents exactly as indicated by the pictures found in the My Tobago review and we found it very comfortable. There was plenty of seating and the dining room table would easily accommodate a party much larger than our six. The living room area had sliders that opened up completely and allowed us to take full advantage of the daily breeze. All of the bedrooms were air conditioned making sleeping easy and the beds were all in good condition and very comfortable. The pool was a welcome addition as it allowed us to take a quick dip to cool down while the kids swam much of the day. We really liked having the stairs down to the rocky shoreline and with water shoes, the swimming there was fantastic.
The staff at SeaBreeze helped to make this trip so special. Sonya, the house manager, met us at the airport and coordinated picking up the rental car; she then led us to the home. She was wonderful and assisted us in making reservations and making suggestions for day trips; in the above and beyond category, after the airlines misplaced our bags for a few days, Sonya lent my wife a contact case and solution so she could take out her contacts at night. Vernette arrived during the week to straighten up the house and we arranged with her to cook meals for our family four of the nights during our stay. Her recipes were delightful and she made a special meal for my wife’s birthday that included flowers, lovely place settings, and special glassware for the occasion. Her prices were very reasonable and the food was delicious; I highly recommend that anyone staying here consider this option. Felix took care of the grounds and as promised in previous reviews he frequently brought us ripened fruits from the estate and even some sugar cane to try.
Our heartfelt thanks go out to everyone at SeaBreeze for helping to make this a great trip; my family would not hesitate to come back to this home in the future and I enthusiastically proffer my recommendation of this home to anyone who is lucky enough to visit the “capital of paradise”.

Return to “SeaBreeze”