Guest Report

5-bedroom villa on Mount Irvine (listing)
Aleem & Misty Hosein

Guest Report

Post by Aleem & Misty Hosein »

We have to agree with the other reviews that this Tobago trip topped most others for us - thanks to the Sol Y Mar experience! The 5 bedrooms provided ample space which made it comfortable for our entire family - parents, siblings and children. I love the open feel where you could be in the kitchen yet still feel connected to those in other rooms or on the outdoors, and yet still find a private solitary space when needed. The house has everything you can think of (and more!) including 2 ovens and a host of appliances and they thought of everything including labeling all electrical outlets etc! A couple of things weren't in top order e.g. ice maker but the key ones were and that made up. There was something for every generation to enjoy - from diving/swimming for the younger ones to hanging by the bar to ultra relaxation in the hot tub (enjoyed by all!) to enjoying a cup of tea in the gazebo with the spectacular view. The beautifully landscaped grounds which envelop the property, with views of mountains to the bucco reef, the sweet sounds of the birds and the gorgeous sunset are just some other yummy features. The housekeeper, Stacy, was warm and welcoming and her local dishes of pelau, stew chicken and callaloo had us going for seconds! There were so many central meeting points like the porch or long dining table making it perfect for a large gathering. My top picks and why I find Sol Y Mar hard to top are 1)Hot tub 2)Pool (perfect in length and varying depths) 3)View and Gazebo 4)Master bedroom with its huge space, walk in closet and separate tub. The construction and layout were obviously well planned and executed.
Service was outstanding from booking to departure!
Everything a la Sol Y Mar was FAN-TAS-TIC! Thank you!

Return to “Sol y Mar Villa”