Guest Report

5-bedroom villa on Mount Irvine (listing)
Shelley

Guest Report

Post by Shelley »

While the villa views overlooking Buccoo Reef is amazing, the villa employees were extremely nice and polite and helpful, Sol Y Mar villa definitely needs a little upgrading. I love the fact that each room has its own private bathroom, but the outside is not representative of the inside. The bathrooms need serious upgrading. There is only one (1) television which is located in the main bedroom, so if you are a family with kids, it does make sense to stay there as the entertainment is limited. There is a tiny television in the loft which is small. Please note that all the bedrooms are on one floor and bedroom 5 is separate from the main house. The boys (3) teenagers could not unpack as there was no place for them to put their clothing. The kitchen is very nice and large and is a great meeting place, Sol Y Mar has everything you need to cook with. The BBQ pit needs to be replaced as it is a little dated. With regards to the WIFI, it is only available in the main area and does not reach throughout the villa, so you are not able to go to your room and be on the internet which was not the best situation. The backup generator did not work when we stayed there (10 of us for 12 days) and hopefully that issue has been resolved. My only other issue was that the staff came very early in the morning (7:00 am is too early for vacationers) and the grounds keeper came at 5am, a little uncomfortable, and even earlier on the weekend. So while I liked the villa, upgrades are definitely required in order for the inside to match the beauty of the outside and for Sol Y Mar to become a 4-5 stars villa!

Return to “Sol y Mar Villa”