Villa Solitaire - Review

4-bedroom villa on Mount Irvine
Simon

Villa Solitaire - Review

Post by Simon »

We stayed at Solitaire for two days whilst we awaited the vacation of another villa - for an explanation of this see my post titled 'Villas of Tobago'.

The first thing that impacts you about the villa is its view - it is stunning, a beautiful aspect out across the sea towards Buccoo reef and beyond, you can sit for hours on the terrace, with a drink in your hand just looking....mmnn.

The villa is based on Mount Irvine and is approached via a heavily pot holed road. The villa from the road is fairly plain, however from the front it is very different, the front has a wood decked terrace and infinity pool, all four bedrooms and the lounge have a seaview. I would not recommend the pool and terrace to anyone with active toddlers as there are a numbers of areas with unprotected drops of significant height.

The bedrooms are all large and with air conditioning, very clean and well kept. Beds are all large, comfortable and clean. The kitchen is well equipped and especially has a large American fridge with ice maker. The lounge is beautifully layed out with roman pillars and tiled floors.

The terrace and pool face towards the sun most of the day and so can get very hot! There is a very welcome rear garden with shade for the heat of the day. My only concern would be that some of the terrace wood decking is lifting in places and in one small area (covered by a sun lounger) it is broken - not very nice for bare feet.

The whole of the villa interior has a very pleasant atmosphere, with some nice touches and is light and airy.

I can heartily recommend the villa to anyone with older children.

I believe the villa is owned by the proprietor of the villa managing company.

Return to “Solitaire”