Guest Report

3-bedroom villa at Bon Accord (listing)
Mrs. Klotzer

Guest Report

Post by Mrs. Klotzer »

All,
Even though this place looked like the phototgraphs, we found that the location was unacceptable! It took the cab driver over an hour and a half to find the house and it was only a couple of kilometers to get to from the airport. The house was located off a pot-holed, dirt road in a very secluded and unsafe location. Our cab driver refused to leave us at the house, claiming that he is a local and would never recommend anyone to stay in this location. We simply did not feel safe staying at the house. There were no neighbours or anyone around the house. If someone was to break in the house or attack us, no one would know.

It's nice to have peace and quiet but ones safety and security is more important. The beach would have been a very, very long walk down a loney path. We would have had to rent a car to get anywhere around the island and if you used cabs, they probably wouldn't have been able to find us. I inquired about getting our money refunded or at least a portion of it, but the owner was not understanding. If you cherrish your lives and your safety, then I really don't recommend staying at this villa.
Andy Roberts
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: Guest Report - Villa de Lena

Post by Andy Roberts »

I have stayed at this Villa on 2 separate occassions, one for 2 weeks the other for 3 weeks, with my wife and 4 young children. I have to completely disagree that this is an unsafe area or at anytime did I feel that I was putting my family at risk.

I wonder how well the taxi driver actually knew that the area was unsafe if he took 1.5 hours to get there. Did he have an interest in recommending another property? There are many more properties located further down the mud track which are even more remote, and loads more rental properties in remote locations. This does not mean that they are a security risk.

I have always rented a car for the entire duration of my stay, as the only place within sensible walking distance is a small supermarket on Milford Road. You can access the villa by turning off before the dirt track and choosing one of the many roads on the unpopulated part of Bon Accord and you then only have to travel on 20m of the dirt track.

Also bare in mind that this Villa is substantially lower in price than other Villas in the area, which in my opinion more than offsets the cost of hiring a car for the entire stay.

I am contemplating a return to Tobago soon, and the only reason I would choose another villa in the Bon Accord area is if the party I am taking is too large for Villa De Lena.

Please don't be put off this Villa by the opinion of somebody that never even stayed there, and only relied on the opinion of a taxi driver who couldn't even find the villa.
Stuart& Linda Mc

Post by Stuart& Linda Mc »

We are thinking of booking Villa de Lena in November. Could Andy who gave such positive comments tell us the best way to the the Villa.
Stuart & Linda
Andy Roberts
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Andy Roberts »

Hi Stuart and Linda

Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a marked up map

Andy

Return to “Villa de Lena”