Villa Nirvana

3-bedroom villa on the Sanctuary Villa development (listing)
Lisa Cramp-Newman

Villa Nirvana

Post by Lisa Cramp-Newman »

Hello,

We are visiting Tobago in January 2008 splitting our holiday between Tobago and Trinidad for a wedding.

We like the look of this villa and have been in contact with the owner by email. However he has requested that we send a cheque for the deposit can you confirm that this is usually and secure as we would normally expect to pay by credit card and be covered by the credit card insurance.

Any feedback much appreciated as we would like to book quite soon.

We live in the UK and would have get a TT cheque drawn.

Regards

Lisa
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Lisa

Yes, that is perfectly normal with rental villas on Tobago (and elsewhere). As you will appreciate, most of these villas are people's holiday homes and only get a few rentals per year. Its not practical or financial viable for the owners to get credit card facilities, etc., but equally they sadly cannot accept bookings on trust.

Obviously the security of any such transaction comes down to the honesty of the property owner. Believe you me, this site is here to expose bad owners and those who rip off tourists, so we would be the first to shout about any owner who didn't handle such transactions with integrity. I do not know the owner of Nirvana personally, but I have had communication with him and know people that do know him. Consequently, I feel fairly safe in saying I personally wouldn't be bothered about sending him a cheque in payment of the deposit.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Lisa Cramp-Newman

Thanks very much for your reply. We have booked with the owners.

Lisa
Lisa Cramp-Newman

Re: Villa Nirvana

Hi,

Just returned from two weeks in Tobago. The XL flight not too bad Sat flight 19th Jan no delays and 2 hour delay back last night. My Mum and Dad returned on Thursday and had a 7 hour delay but were able to visit us at our villa instead of waiting at the airport.

Villa Nirvana - for a family with a young family it was a real homely villa, the splash pool was excellent for the kids. View from the villa was excellent better that the photos on the owners website. Owner was very accommodating with our requirements we spent some time in Tobago on to Trinidad and back to Tobago and very friendly gave us a ring to see we had settled in. We weren’t able to meet up with him in Trinidad as had a whole host of extended family to visit.

I would recommend it as a villa and you do need a car (a must with Kids anyway) very cool on the hill which suits my husband as doesn’t go brown only red and back to blue white as he describes it. I believe that January is a cooler time of year.

First time we have been able to drive around the Island with the new road from Charlotteville.

Pam and husband from the neighbouring villa who had the keys were very friendly and helpful.

Didn’t hear about the break-ins at the Mount Irvine villas and shooting but felt quite safe at the Sanctuary Estate.

Not sure what the story is with the Sanctuary Villas estate. Hotel not completed and still plots for sale. Does anyone have any further info on this?

Lisa, Mark and family

Return to “Villa Nirvana”