Guest Report

4-bedroom villa on Tobago Plantations (listing)
Karen

Guest Report

Post by Karen »

There were 8 of us staying at Villa Palexaura. There is lots of room and very comfortable. I highly recommend it. We ate all our meals and relaxed outdoors everyday with the view of the ocean! You can go in the water at the villa up to your knees or so. They have placed big boulders to block the waves and current to create a little wading area. It is rocky, so I would not recommend bare feet. My son had water shoes which was perfect. We pretty much spent all our time in the swimming pool which has a small shallow area separate for small children. There were several bananas growing in the backyard, unfortunately they were not ripe enough for us to eat at the time. All the doors and windows were open all day to allow for a nice tropical breeze to flow through the house. We only closed the doors to sleep. Local grocery store is just a 5 minute drive down the street from the gates of the compound called Penny saver?? Penny something. There is also a well stocked liquor store in the grocery store that sells cigarettes and some nice cuban cigars. I purchased some cigars for my husband. They were very nice according to him.

The Tobago Plantations area where the villa is situated was perfect. We walked to and from the golf club house 3 days in a row for a game of golf where we were able to rent clubs. I would not recommending walking with clubs (about a 10 to 15 min. walk in the heat). My 7 year old played as well. Junior club rentals are free. One night we ate dinner at the pub at the Magdalena Resort on the grounds. After dinner we enjoyed cocktails while playing pool, air hockey and listened to the fantastic dj! A few of us danced as well.

Just one comment. We had difficulties finding a cook. We ended up cooking all meals which was fine, but I really wanted a cook. One lady quoted us $1,000 TT to cook each meal!! Do not pay that! Even a couple of locals told us that was crazy. I forgot to mention the villa had a nice Weber bbq which we used often.

A few of us went snorkling just off of Little Tobago. They went to the Blue Waters Inn to catch the boats for snorkling which was fantastic. My two teenage daughters were taken by the hand of the two guides to be made to feel comfortable as one of them was a bit anxious. These guides were great and the fish was amazing. The cost was $120 TT or $20 US per pers. The drive to Blue Waters was about 1 1/2 hours.

We will definitly be back. No complaints at all.

Return to “Villa Palexaura”