Accommodation Recommendations...just returned..fab trip!

4-bedroom villa at Tobago Plantations (listing)
Bryn

Accommodation Recommendations...just returned..fab trip!

Post by Bryn »

We stayed at Villa Sans Souci at the Tobago Plantations for 7 nights. It is in the Hilton Lowlands compound. It was everything we hoped for! I highly recommend it! 4 bedrooms, 4 baths. Two masters at opposite ends, each with an ensuite. Doors from all bedrooms go out to private pool area out back. A/C in all bedrooms, very tastefully furnished and amazingly well equipped. A real home away from home. Excellent security and use of all the Hilton ammenities. Special guest rate for golf. Excellent golf course. Much nicer than Mt. Irvine. Contact me for more info: [email protected]

Other suggestions:

Tobago Hilton over Coco Reef

Sandy Point Beach Club great affordable option (timeshare). Good family accommodation. We stayed here for 2 nights this trip and 5 last trip.

Eat at Jemma's.......Eat at Jemma's!!!! Just do it! And have the lobster!!

Sunday School is a great way for tourists to mingle with the locals. Great Steel Pan music early in the evening (8ish). The party doesn't get started until midnight.

Melange is over priced. Food well presented, small portions and very tasty......but not good value.

Sea Horse Inn.......not our idea of most romantic restaurant. Good food, very good service! Just not all that romantic.

Morseheads gourmet foods had the best meat and very good grocery selection. The seafood store across the street from Pennysavers (good grocery)in Canaan has amazing fish! We bought a 5 lb bag of jumbo shrimp and had a feast!!

If renting a car.....don't get a low rider! The speed bumps and drains in the streets are insanely high/low.

Did I mention Jemma's? GO TO JEMMA'S. Seriously the best meal I ate out on the island! Next time I'm going to go twice!! The kingfish is excellent, so is the chicken......but the lobster!!!! That is the showstopper!

Our favourite beaches:
Store Bay
Stonehaven Bay (my fave)
Bloody Bay
Grafton
Crusoe's Bay (very secluded)

I hope this will help some of you with your plans. If anyone has any questions please [email protected]

Cheers!

Return to “Villa Sans Souci”