Villas at Stonehaven

14 unit villa development at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Jason

Villas at Stonehaven

Post by Jason »

Does anyone have any information or has anyone stayed at the Villas at Stonehaven recently? I'm interested in staying there, and they sound quite appealing but when I contacted them directly, their prices had risen quite a bit from what's posted on their web site and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Thank you.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Villas at Stonehaven

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 12 February 2003

I had hoped to check the Villas at Stonehaven out during this trip, but sadly I've run out of time. All the reports I've heard have been very positive and I believe they're really nice - if you like the 'estate' feel. Somewhat expensive, though.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Villas at Stonehaven

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 12 February 2003

Hi Jason - my wife and I were married there and spent a terrific, luxurious week's honeymoon in villa no 2 (best view). Check out my posts below dated 4th and 6th Feb ("1st visit/wedding/honeymoon) for further info. The villas and clubhouse are exclusive, but when you take advantage of one free day every seven, low season discounts and haggle with the manageress Wasipha (not many people travelling these days, particularly a fall-off from US tourists), you should be able to knock a fair bit off the price. If you take advantage of the four ensuite rooms (incl the maids) with fellow travellers you will start to beat 5* hotel prices hands down, and have far more luxury. We nearly squatted and never returned. Have fun, Glyn and Caroline
Glyn Kirpalani
Jason

Villas at Stonehaven

Post by Jason »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 13 February 2003

Can anyone tell me what's within 5-10 min. walking distance of the Villas at Stonehaven, especially restaurants, but also bars, beaches. We will be travelling with 2 young children and thus we'd like to avoid driving, but may get tired of the Villa restaurant.
Steve Wooler

Villas at Stonehaven

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Jason.

You might find Paul's review of the Pavillion Restaurant at Stonehaven Villas interesting (Pigeon/Point Beach / Pirates Bay thread, 10 Feb). Hopefully Glyn or someone else who has stayed there recenty can confirm, but if memory serves me well (not an overly-regular occurence these days) there is not a great deal within reasonable "walking" distance of the Stonehaven Villas and walking is not ideal at night - no pavement/sidewalk or street lighting. The nearest possibilities are the Seahorse Inn and Indigo. Grafton Beach is your closest beach and the Grafton beach bar is open to the public. The Grafton Caledonia Bird Sanctuary is the only other place within walking distance, I think (but best visited with a proper bird guide).

Have a great trip and let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Villas at Stonehaven

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Jason, in addition to the restaurants Steve told you about there is one called the Green Light above a mini-mart/pharmacy/cash-machine, about 100 metres from the gates of the villa complex - nice but not great food (Indigo is another 100 metres past it). We hired a car, but I seem to recall that the villa MPV (Suzuki Carry) does a shuttle service down to other beaches on request - email Wasipha Khan. Failing that, the nearby Grafton Beach Hotel has a taxi service you could call to go further afield. Black Rock village has a couple of cute bars and eateries, very local style, as well as the excellent Seahorse Inn. The beaches are certainly walkable, including a public beach facility about 2-300 metres walk away, which has shaded picnic stalls,changing rooms, showers, toilets (cleanish) and a bar/restaurant at local prices. You can buy fish from the fishermen there in the evenings, then walk it home to the pan. The Pavilion restaurant does surprisingly cheap lunches including kids meals, and was offering 20% discount to villa guests (check though).

Glyn
Glyn Kirpalani
Niki Byrne

Villas at Stonehaven

Post by Niki Byrne »

Jason,

Have you tried looking at Elysian Holidays website - they have 4 villas which are next to the Stonehaven villas and are set on their own so not so much of an 'estate' feel. We stayed in the Sand Pebbles one on our honeymoon and it was perfect. The others are called Sandpiper, Yellowbird and Hawksbill. Steve has them on this site, they are well worth considering.

Niki
Paul J Corney

Villas at Stonehaven

Post by Paul J Corney »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 14 February 2003

Hi Jason, the Villas are very luxurious and aimed typically at teh American market though a number are owned by Scandinavians and a gentlemen (he owns three) whose son owns and runs the Seahorse Inn. Everyone who "owns" a Villa has a stake in the company that controls the development - it is well situated. The walk to Indigos, the Seahorse or the Grafton is not far and to be fair the road is very wide and it is not dangerous in my view.
Ole Henrik, Norway

Stonehaven Villas

Post by Ole Henrik, Norway »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 23 February 2003

Hi! Me and my fianceè is planning a trip to Tobago with 3 friends, 14 to 29 of may, Can anyone here recommend the stonehaven villas, wit the low season promos and all i dont think its to expensive if it is as luxurious as on the pictures, any comments? and in one of the earlier post i saw a name mentioned that one could contact "wasipha" anyone got the email adress?
Steve Wooler

Stonehaven Villas

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 23 February 2003

Hi Ole

Although I've never stayed at, or toured, the Stonehaven Villas, I've driven past them and can confirm that they appear every bit as luxurious as their website portrays. The only 'negative' - which is entirely a matter of personal preference - is that you will be on a relatively large development, or estate, of 14 similar villas. As I say, this is a matter of personal preference. All reports I've heard have been excellent, so I think you can look forward to a great holiday. I believe that Wasipha is the manageress there and her email address is, I imagine, [email protected].
Steve Wooler

Return to “Villas at Stonehaven”