Prices in bars near Crowne Point

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
fishermansteve
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Prices in bars near Crowne Point

Post by fishermansteve »

I've been looking at staying in Crowne Point, there look to be quite a few bars to try between there and Pigeon Point, for a nice evening stroll with a few stop offs along the way. Could someone give me an idea of prices in the local bars? i.e. draught or bottled beer local or imported, rum punch, rum and coke?
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Prices in bars near Crowne Point

Post by PaulMakin »

can only comment on beer as I save drinking rum for when I get home; hotel bars for stag/carib range from TT$12 up to TT$16 (airport bar). the taxi co-op bar in store bay is currently at TT$15. expect to pay TT$10 in stores/mini-marts and in smaller roadside establishments. many bars will often have "specials" although the "2for1" seems to have faded away.

imported brands (Heineken, corona etc) will always be a couple of $$ more pricey but are widely available in all but the most basic bars. for some reason the Heineken light tastes odd down here, i'd suggest avoiding !!

this time of year it gets dark pretty early and pretty quickly - an evening stroll will be a nighttime walk by 18.00 so do as the locals and consider evening to be from about 16.00. the intensity has gone from the sun by then and the evening light (I think) provides absolutely the best time of day. if walking along pigeon point road you'll be able to catch the sunset out over the ocean for the entire length of your stroll. alternatively, head for one of the hotels on crown point (crown point hotel, tropikist, sandy point village or beach club - others are available) and sit reasonably comfortably with a couple of drinks as the sun sets in front of you !

paul
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by PaulMakin »

sorry, my mistake - the taxi co-op sell stag/carib at TT$12

paul
fishermansteve
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by fishermansteve »

Thank you Paul for taking the time to reply,just what I needed.
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Many local bars have had a “3 for $25” offer !which at the moment is still a Carib/Stag for £1.00 !! Local bar price is usually $10.
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

Bagos Bar is a good place to watch a sunset. TT$14 for a Stag, which is really the only beer worth drinking on the island.

Most of the time, we buy the 'warm with the wite-cardboard on the top' case of 24,for TT168 (TT$7, or CAN$1.40 per beer). We drink a lot of these when we are on the island, as a cold Stag seems to go with every kind of food on the island.

Recently Carib and Stag are available for retail in Canada at $2.25 for the same bottle, so to us, it feels like a deal, even at the TT$14 bar prices.

And sometimes, you've just got to pay the bar prices to enjoy the ambience, and a fine Sunset with other folks beside your travelling companions.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”