Ciao Cafe

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Ciao Cafe

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

Looks like the Cafe is permanently closed, and the space is occupied by new owners. I was just driving by on Cannington Rd on Monday (Feb 11, 2019) and the sign was gone, and the colours inside were different. A honk behind me forced me onward up the hill before I could get a very good look. GOOGLE/FACEBOOK confirms that the CAFE (and excellent Gelato Bar) are closed, but the Pizzeria is still open.

That being said, If I was craving pizza in Tobago, La Cantina is a far better choice then Ciao. For me and my kids the Gelato Bar was a favourite. Alas.

Tobago tourism is hard to run a business on these days.

The good news is that Shore Things is thriving. And Open 6 days a week. (Saturday for Breafast of fresh fruit and pancakes, and hot cocoa in a teapot!
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Ciao Cafe

Post by Chris Runciman »

Hi Kurt. Merco( May not be spelled correctly) gave up the shop last spring. Getting supplies during the time there was such a problem with the ferry service must have been the final straw. Although the position of the pizzeria was not the best I have to say the pizza were ! Early in the day you could also buy fresh bread straight from the wood burning oven. Everything made from ‘OOO’ flour imported from Italy ( via Trinidad ) . He still has a place in Trinidad. I have to say a draft Stag and a real pizza was our reward for standing in line at the bank on our regular , but necessary , trips to town from Castara. Cantina was our choice in Crown Point though! I did build a real wood burning pizza oven up at our place in Castara which produces pizza almost as good! Photographic evidence can be provided but alas you cannot smell the pizza!
Kurt.Halfyard
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kurt.Halfyard »

Were had a meal at Caribbean Kitchen in Castara when we were there in early February. Excellent meal, but also an expensive one.
Which place is yours in Castara, Carpe Diem?
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Yes that is our place! There are places to eat in Castara to suit all pockets ! My pizzas are not for sale but I can send you a video of them in the oven !

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”