Duck's Seaside Restaurant

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Duck's Seaside Restaurant

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hi All - browsing on line I found this restaurant in Castara - does anyone know anything about it ? [ is this the infamous Duck that worked for Ali Baba & had the food stand near the clay ovens ] I really miss coming to Castara & am curious . All the best to everyone ! - Rick
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Duck's Seaside Restaurant

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Rick

Yes, I'm not certain, but I am 99% certain that you are spot on. He's been doing the food stand down on main beach for some years. I'm sure that someone told me that he was opening a restaurant. Good luck to him.

Incidentally, we always call him "Fair Weather Duck". He lives on the hillside immediately above Castara Retreats. He used to help them out with little chores and take guests on boat trips. Anyway, on arrival for our first review stay there, in 2005, Duck was supposed to be there to carry our luggage up the hill. Well, it was raining. No sign of Duck. I had to heave all our luggage up the hillside myself. There was only roadside parking in those days. When the sun came out, shortly after I'd finished, Duck magically appeared and asked if he could be of help. So, I never miss the opportunity to remind him that he is just a "Fair Weather Duck".
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Thanks Steve - I thought it was him - I mean how many Ducks are there in Castara . Duck was always friendly to me . I wish him the best - maybe this will get his act together. I hope to visit soon as they let us in from the US . All the best - Rick
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

We spoke to Duck yesterday. He is serving food from his open restaurant/cafe. A good spot to watch the busy goings on. He gets his fish from the guys 20 yards away every afternoon. He is adjacent to the clay oven , still in operation and the river path that leads along the backs of Riverside Cafe, Marguerites and to Chenos back on the main road.
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

The night before we left ( Monday 24th Oct ) after a last swim we saw Duck closing up. “Anything left?” “No problem my brother” 3 pieces Greenback in a tasty batter with fries and a bit of salad 45tt! He had to close ealy as he had no power so he cooked by the light of his an my phone lights! Very good, moist fish which I had seen arrive on the beach earlier!
juniormcgill
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by juniormcgill »

I read that you can get smoothies and fresh juices at Duck’s. Is that true?

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”