Cost

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Danielle Wade

Cost

Post by Danielle Wade »

I am going to Tobago next week staying in the Coco Reef on a bed and breakfast basis.

We have been offered an upgrade to all inc for about 100 USD each per day.

Do you know how much in general it costs to eat out and how much drinks are?

We generally won't eat anything or much at lunch time so our daily costs will just be evening meal, drinks and any activites we may do.

100 US seems quite alot per person per day?

Thanks
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Cost

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Danielle

Welcome aboard! :)

My best advice is to budget the same as you would over here in the UK. So much depends upon the level of dining you want, so this basis will tend to be your most accurate guide. The Coco Reef is at the top of the tree and their catering on par with the best restaurants on the island. Sure, you can save money by dining out, but there are no real quality restaurants within easy/desirable walking distance of the hotel and so by the time you've factored in taxis you're probably not going to save a huge amount dining out. However, it is obviously a rewarding experience to get out and about and experience what the island has to offer.

Before making a decision, it would be worth your while having a look at our restaurant listing and seeing how many alternatives take your fancy.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Danielle Wade

Post by Danielle Wade »

Thanks Steve

I do like to get out and about

Are taxis expensive?

Also, do you know the price of say a main meal at Coco Reef?

Thanks
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Danielle

Taxi prices have shot up in recent years and are now quite expensive - comparable to UK prices, again. I couldn't tell you the price of dinner at the Coco Reef because virtually all guests are on All Inclusive packages. By the time they've added all the local taxes and service charge, it is going to be as expensive as any of the independent restaurants on the island. My advice would be to email the hotel (just use the 'Enquiry/Email' tab in our listing for the hotel) and ask them for the prices.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”