Roti

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Roti

Post by Simon Partridge »

Friends recommended we tried Roti, or buss-up-shot from the Roti shop opposite Cafe Coco. Excellent!!! A meal in itself one beef and one veggie and we could have been content with one between two.
Justified as usual by "we are on holiday." Great value at $tt77.00 including a Carib. Paratha/wrap made fresh while you wait delicious. Hope to pay another visit before we leave.
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Roti

Post by SandraK »

Now you are talkin' !!
Roti a grand way to eat. Much prefer the roadside tables you find as you drive along. As from the UK "no bones" always brings a smile - obviously think I'm mad but happily remove them and can see the thought process - these people are totally stupid. Who am I to argue ??
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

There is a certain trend to "boneless" even in Trinidad, as more people don't want to spit out
bones on the road anymore. So don't worry too much, it will become fashionable :mrgreen:
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by SandraK »

Andy
Not a question of fashionable ! Just like my teeth.
As a European you and I both know all meat/ fish is best cooked on the bone doesn't mean I want it on my plate though !
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Well i fully agree, Sandra. It is just that you can't get certain habits out of a Trini's head.
Chewing chicken bones and spitting of the remains in the road is one.

I had a very tasty Paratha with boneless chicken, pumpkin, channa and mango for lunch today
at the roti shop in Power Boats Marina, Trinidad. Too much. Should be the last meal for the day.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”