Guest Report

3-bedroom wooden cottage at Mary's Hill (listing)
Jess Wise

Guest Report

Post by Jess Wise »

My husband, two kids (6 and 7) and I had such an amazing stay here in April 2014. The lodge is a great base, location wise, from which to explore the island and is the perfect oasis to return to after an outing! The pool is wonderful and was well maintained. The open-air nature of the lodge is just lovely. The kitchen is fairly well-equipped, although the bbq pit is challenging to light! Louise was incredibly welcoming.

If I was pushed to look for improvements that could be made, perhaps the main bathroom could have done with a deep clean and a few additions made to the kitchen utensils - a tea towel would have been fab, as would have oven gloves (we used beach shoes!!) and a decent sharp chopping knife. However, all in all, we loved staying here and would do so again at the drop of a hat.

Our only regrets.. That we didn't write in the visitors book. We should have done, the comments were really helpful, especially from the group of med students that had stayed there for a month prior to our arrival - thanks! And finally that we only visited Stonehaven Bay / Grafton Beach on our last day - fantastic wave bashing / body boarding beach with a really good bar/restaurant (the Seahorse Inn).

Return to “Mary's Hill Lodge”