Guest Report

3-bedroom wooden cottage at Mary's Hill (listing)
Mrs j a Banks

Guest Report

Post by Mrs j a Banks »

Before I booked Mary's Hill Lodge I read the few reviews I found and looked forward to staying there. We were very disappointed when we arrived.

All I can say is if you are going to book this cottage you must realise it is VERY basic. I did wonder, when looking back at the reviews, if we had gone to the same cottage!

The kitchen and sitting area are open on one side so expect dust in both of those areas and some insects (we expected that so it wasn't a real problem). The kitchen sink is actually outside the building, the cooker rusty and pots and pans basic.

The master bedroom and shower room are very simple and are open at the roof so can be chilly. The other two rooms are even more so.

The cottage is on a main road which can be busy and noisy. It is among the village so you can hear music from other houses. The garden is on a slope with steep steps and needs new sun loungers.

Mary's Hill Lodge was not sutable for us so we left the next day. I was in touch with the owner who was helful and said she would make several changes to the house so hopefully some of our problems will now have been solved. Just be aware before you book that this is a rustic holiday let.

Return to “Mary's Hill Lodge”