Guest Report

Small B&B/studio apartment guesthouse in Crown Point *** NOW CLOSED ***
Doug Clorey

Guest Report

Post by Doug Clorey »

This was my seventh visit to Tobago and my first stay at Kia's. In my view, it is important, when reviewing the experience of a traveller with accommodations, to reflect on the traveller's expectations. In my case, I was looking for simple accommodations at a modest price, a place that was central (within walking distance to most places in Crown Point), a room that was clean, comfortable (including air conditioning) and that offered the possibility of cooking simple meals, access to the internet through wi-fi, and staff who were welcoming but not intrusive. All of my expectations were met. While I agree with some of the negative comments posted by other travellers (for example, the noise level due to the proximity of the guest house to the main "drag" in Crown Point, the limited amount of appliances and cookware), the spirit of hospitality extended by Karen and her staff compensated for any shortcomings in these areas. I was also pleased with the food and service at the Garden Cafe - excellent value for money. If the opportunity presents itself, I would return to Kia's on future visits to Tobago. Thanks, Karen, and please pass on my thanks to your staff. Hello to Kia as well.

Return to “Kia's Across From The Beach”