Guest Report

4-bedroom villa at Bon Accord (listing)
Kate Campion

Guest Report

Post by Kate Campion »

Palm Breeze absolutely MADE my vacation. The attractions of the island speak for themselves, but staying in such a wonderful place put my trip over the top. The villa is not only charming and beautiful but also spacious and comfortable. The villa is appropriately named; ocean breezes ruffle the numerous palms in the garden and in neighboring yards lulling you into a relaxed island state of mind.
My traveling companion and I spent literally hours and hours sitting on the second-floor balcony, a great place to spend a lazy morning nibbling breakfast or liming away the evening. We are beach-goers and spent little time in the pool, but found it and the surrounding gardens lovely. From the balcony we saw bananaquits, tanagers, cocrico and ani galore. Frogs and such chirped, peeped and hooted us to sleep each night.
Palm Breeze is perfect for three couples or singles; a 4th couple/person could sleep on the fold-out couch if willing to sacrifice some privacy. It would work well for two small families or a group of eight really good friends. For two singles it felt positively palatial.
The amenities are right on: stereo, several TVs with cable, phone for local calls, very well-equipped kitchen, plentiful linens, air conditioning and ceiling fans, washer/dryer, etc.
It’s situated in a quiet neighborhood in Bon Accord filled with what appear to be lots of other well-kept vacation rentals. We were there in early December and had the streets practically to ourselves. Footpaths provide short-cuts to the Milford Road (which is a main drag running from Pigeon Point to Canaan. Flagging taxi’s along this route is incredibly easy and made getting around the western part of the island without a rental car a snap.
Within easy walking distance is a pub/restaurant (Colors, owned by a retired airline pilot), live-music venue (Golden Star), fast-food (barbecue & pizza joints), trinket and fruit stands, and a mini-mart carrying everything from motor oil to groceries to postcards (Jimmy’s). The renowned House of Pancakes is right there as well. Two cash machines are within 10-20 minutes’ stroll.
The closest beach, called The Cove by locals is a lazy 5-10 walk; famed Pigeon Point about 30 minutes on foot. Store Bay beach, with its great food stands and little shops, is about 15 minutes away on foot.

Return to “Palm Breeze Villa”