Guest Report

Small guest house in Scarborough
Josanne James

Guest Report

Post by Josanne James »

I made reservations to stay at Mill's Guesthouse in August 2006. The description of the place was fine which made me a bit interested in it. I confirmed my booking and paid my money in advance.Everything was final. On the day of my arrival, I was told that my room was giving away to someone else because they were calling my cell phone and not getting an answer, making them uncertain if I was coming or not.This made me upset as I was going to be stranded for 3 days in Tobago along with a pregnant friend and two children.Finally Ms. Mills came up with an idea. She had one extra room which she offered us.She gave me a sign-in card to put my signature on which I signed.We were taken to a room which was really really disgusting.The carpet and bathroom had a very bad scent,the beds were old with ply wood to the bottom which was unsafe for us.I was also told when I called to confirm my booking that there was a fully equiped kitchenette in my room together with cable television,hot and cold bath and A/c.To my amazement, the kitchen as well as cable television was shared by all the guests.After staying in the room for 5 minutes we decided that we could not bear it anymore and decided to leave.When we brought our views to Ms. Mills' attention and asked that she refund us our money,she refused, saying that we must pay a cancellation fee of $300.After bringing in the police she reduced this fee to $150.We left the place and the following day we were to receive a cheque. However we were greeted by some very unfriendly faces.
I would not recommend Mill's Guesthouse to anyone visiting Tobago.

Return to “Mill's Guesthouse”