Guest Report

1 or 2-bedroom wooden cottage at Parlatuvier (listing)
Robert Lilly

Guest Report

Post by Robert Lilly »

I literally stumbled upon a little piece of Nirvana here in Tobago. I was frantically searching for a four day gap in my travel accommodations when I found Winn, Bea, and their Gloucester Place B&B. I have unusually stupid luck and came upon the best accommodations I had found since leaving the US. Perched on a hill just outside Parlatuiver, along the North Road, leeward side of Tobago.

As you descend the driveway, the first thing that I thought was, "I'm in the wrong place". I thought it was a private estate. What you find are tremendously friendly owner's and a place you never want to leave. The view, the atmosphere, the hospitality, the local area.... all are just unimaginable.

I stayed in a private, single room with a drop-dead view of the north coast and crashing surf. A private balcony served up one of the most incredible views. Day or night, it was a place of true tranquility.

Bea served some fabulous breakfasts; and both Bea and Winn never seemed to stop making your stay unforgettable.

To discover the immediate area you needed a little determination. I did not have a car so I did all of my exploring on foot. Trails to waterfalls, the village of Parlatuiver, and the beautiful beach of Englishman's Bay were all within walking distance. A good workout, but very satisfying. When you returned, you could reflect and be mesmerized by the views from the infinity pool.

I never wanted to leave!

Return to “Essex Cottage at Gloucester Place”