Guest Report

1 or 2-bedroom wooden cottage at Parlatuvier (listing)
Pat Ptasinski

Guest Report

Post by Pat Ptasinski »

Based on a friend's visit, we decided to visit Tobago. I studied Trip Advisor and contacted Bea for rates and info. Starting with my very first email exchange, Bea and Win took care of all our needs for our 11 night stay in April.
The GuestHouse is even nicer than the pictures show, as the cross breezes, the sounds of the waves in the cove, the birds whistling and the smell of the gorgeous plants can't be seen or heard in the pictures!
The Concord room was clean and nice size, with wrap around windows providing good light and a door out to a large private patio.
Waking up to get my first coffee at 7AM and leaning over the veranda looking for birds and enjoying the fresh air or chatting with Win & Bea as they prepared a varied and hearty breakfast was a perfect start to each day.
Bea & Win have built up a wonderful network of neighbors and happily arrange for meals in several local homes. We throughly enjoyed home made local food prepared for us by Carolyn and Joanne; in addition, Marcy up the road also serves her own unique style of cooking. Between these 3 ladies, we had marvelous Fish, Chicken, Roti and Ravioli dinners!! Can't forget to mention the Callaloo!
Glasgow Bar a few steps up the road offers good drinks, good company and the best views ovetlooking the fishing village; steps behind the bar take you right to the beach!
Bea and Win gave us guidance and directions to visit local sites and restaurants. They also provided us special emergency assistance with some currency exchange, the loan of a sunhat, the use of fins, beach and pool towels, a local phone to take in the car when we went exploring in case we needed to call back for anything and even the use of a pump to fix low tire pressure.The Concord room was clean and nice size, with wrap around windows providing good light and a door out to a large private patio.
Their special hospitality included sharing stories of their family and life experiences over both drinks ( loved Win's rum & juice drink) and dinner. We truly felt we were part of their family!
We also had special experiences with other locals in the area, meeting the families at Chance's Restaurant in the village of Parlatuvier and of Bloody Bay local Lester who took us on a wonderful trek in the Rain Forest and taught us about the area's history and night hunting for armadillos! I would be negligent if I forgot to mention the food prepared for us by Nicolle & Islin and Georgia (best coconut bake ever!) Do yourself a favor and look in local stores for Georgia's Treats to enjoy her Tamarind Balls, Candied Popcorn and Kurma!
We also enjoyed visiting with the other guests staying at Glucester Place while we were there and getting to share in an anniversary celebration (see their posted reviews)!
Obviously highly recommend Glocester Place, profusely thank Bea & Win for making our visit so memorable and hold dear the warmth and friendliness extended to us by all the people we connected with in Tobago!
A true Island Paradise

Return to “Essex Cottage at Gloucester Place”