Guest Report

3 apartments in Charlotteville (listing)
Peter Wright

Guest Report

Post by Peter Wright »

For my fourth visit to Tobago I decided to stay in Charlottville for the whole of my five weeks. Charlottville is isolated, and a long, tortuous drive from the airport but well worth it if you like charming, quiet, fishing villages. (I would recommend that you hire a car though so you can explore the rest of the island and top up on groceries, fruit and veg. There are a few shops in the village but not well stocked.

'Ocean View' is run by Kechen Dillon, an intelligent and helpful young man, who lives right next door, along with his welcoming mother and father. On my arrival at the apartment (One of the top ones with twin beds) I was struck by its cleanliness, its well-equipped and roomy kitchen, with large fridge/freezer, microwave, electric kettle, coffee machine, and gas cooker. It also has a table and four chairs as well as a small sofa.. The bedroom was a decent size, air-conditioned and with adequate storage space, and the beds firm but comfortable. The bathroom was also spotless and I found the H&C shower excellent. The towels and face flannels were good quality, soft and generous. The supply of soap and toilet paper was also generous, something I don't often find in rented apartments!

Outside the apartment is a shared balcony, narrow, but with room enough to sit in the evening and enjoy the sunset with a cold drink, (or even a plate of dinner, as I did on many evenings).

The apartment in general was light and airy, with high ceilings and a pleasing atmosphere, while the view over the village, cricket-pitch and the beautiful bay was fabulous! But, be warned! There are quite a few steps to climb so it could be a problem for the less able. I have arthritis and it was just about all I could manage (but well worth the effort!).

Return to “Ocean View Apartment”