Guest Report

4 apartments in Castara (listing)
Kirsten Bauermeister

Guest Report

Post by Kirsten Bauermeister »

My friend and I stayed at Lillibets for four weeks in January/February 2014. The apartment and the wonderful balcony are very spacious and airy. You have a good view of Castara, the ocean and the bays. Liz and Tom always helped when we needed it.
In Lillibets you can hear the sounds of the whole environment. We didn`t mind dogs barking and howling and roosters crowing, we loved the fantastic sounds and visits of the tropical birds, but we didn`t enjoy the human noise pollution in Castara.
Whoever plays "music" in the village wants to entertain the whole area, mostly from 10 am till 11 pm (sometimes throughout the whole night).
So if you are noise tolerant, Lillibets is the place to stay in Tobago.

TOhagan
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Guest Report

Post by TOhagan »

Can I say everything is relative. Birthday,Christmas, Old Year, Carnival approaching, are all times for celebration and a reason to party, particularly as we all know in the Caribbean. People live with doors and windows open because it is HOT here . From 18th November until now there was one all night loud party from 10pm to 10am. Other times we can hear the sounds from restaurants and one or two shops when they are open but all is quiet by 11pm ; usually earlier. Unfortunately the roosters can't tell the time and wake at dawn and settle in our tree at dusk with their inimitable chatter. Many find this habit of roosters living in the trees very amusing others feel the need for ear plugs. Now I can hear the sounds of the sea, the birds and the sound of the bamboo leaves in breeze .Sitting on our balcony I watch the world go by in peace and tranquillity .
Julian
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: Guest Report

Post by Julian »

We were in Castara for 11 nights in January and during that time there was an extremely loud Karaoke till 2 in the morning, another very loud music party till midnight and an extremely loud beach event that was halted by the police at midnight due to a lack of licence. At other times there was a lot of loud music from the bar behind Cascreole.

In addition there was the regular Wednesday drumming from the beach bar and the steel band from the Coffee Shop although these are rather nice to listen to and are a finite length!

Noise and some music is part of the Tobago vibe but it was becoming intrusive while we were there as it echoes round the natural amphitheatre of Castara. Still it is an incredibly beautiful place even with the noise.

Return to “Lillibets”