Guest Report

4 apartments in Castara (listing)
Leif Courtenay

Guest Report

Post by Leif Courtenay »

Just back from 2 weeks at Lillibets and we had a wonderful time. Tom and Liz, who own the property, are 2 of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet, nothing was too much trouble. Enough has been said elsewhere about the accommodation but suffice to say it was perfect. It's simple, clean and you have everything you need in terms of equipment. We were on the top floor and this benefits from the most gorgeous views of Castara Bay and Heavenly Bay and the surrounding rainforest...absolutely magical. You'd honestly struggle to get a better view anywhere in the world. We spent hours just sat on the balcony watching the world go by, feeding the hundreds of exotic birds (mot-mot, Banaquits, Tanagers etc) and even catching glimpses of the shy and elusive Agouti! It's a real wildlife paradise. The village of Castara is a real Tobago experience, full of friendly people, nice, simple restaurants (the Boathouse just below us was fab), gorgeous beaches and fantastic snorkelling. Please be aware, this is about as far from a tourist resort as you can get..if you come here you are in the locals back yard and things here happen in Tobago time...in other words slowly, but always with a smile! This was my 10th trip to this beautiful island and I can honestly say it's my favourite part of the island. If you like laid back, relaxed (limin') holidays with zero stress and beautiful tropical surroundings then you will love it here and live on the memories for months. Thanks Tom and Liz, you helped make this a perfect holiday and maybe we'll see you again!!

Return to “Lillibets”